The jolly month of December brings an upgraded version of the Forecasting tool and some changes to the Market Share API.
So let’s get right into it – use the sidebar on the right to jump to a particular update.
- You can now narrow your traffic predictions to local level, by using the newly added Local Estimated Visits metric.
- Report your strategy to your own Google Analytics conversion rate values (available as an average for the last 30 days across all e-commerce events in Analytics).
- Benchmark your estimations based on your Google Search Console specific CTR values for the keywords tracked in AWR.
- A keyword variants detection algorithm was added, offering you the option to exclude keyword variations from the Forecasting dataset.
- The option to include non-branded keywords is now available for your forecasts.
- The Alerting system was upgraded, including new types of alerts:
Forecast update overview (contains the most relevant stats following the forecast update)
Changes in forecast status (helpful to analyze forecast changes from on track to behind target)
Keyword status alert (ideal to spot specific keywords that are underperforming or reported as on target)
Alerts can be generated on schedule by email, or as Slack notifications.
- The forecast configuration wizard was redesigned, while the forecast timeframe has been extended to 2 years.
- You can sync your forecasting with your campaign calendar by scheduling it to start at a specific month in the future.
- There are new options available for your targeted rank: extend your analysis to the 2nd page of SERPs, define custom position ranges, or focus on a single position.
- Forecasts can be enabled for one or more custom keywords, not just for groups, or entire keyword sets.
Market Share API Changes
The API* output for our Market Share endpoint has been enhanced to include the Best Position header on the following API calls, starting with December 20, 2023:
- getDomainsKeywords API
Previous output: $header = "date,keyword group id,keyword group,search engine id,search engine,domain,keyword\n";
New output: $header = "date,keyword group id,keyword group,search engine id,search engine,domain,keyword,best position\n"; (N/A if old date or All Search Engines)
Previous output: $header = "date,keyword group id,keyword group,search engine id,search engine,domain,url,keyword\n";
New output: $header = "date,keyword group id,keyword group,search engine id,search engine,domain,url,keyword,best position\n"; (N/A if old date)
*the Developer API feature is available for all types of Yearly plans and, for monthly subscriptions, starting with Agency and higher.
And that’s pretty much it for December! :)
Want to be up-to-date with all the new features and improvements that we add? Make sure to follow our Product Updates collection.
And of course, please reach out if you have any feedback on this. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
P.S. Make sure to check out the ‘How-to’ series to find out how to get the most out of AWR.
Dan Popa is an Online Marketing Strategist at Caphyon. He is passionate about both Online and Offline Marketing and he's always looking for new ways of applying the basic principles of marketing in the fast-evolving SEO field. He's always in the mood to chat about new creative ideas for campaigns, so you can find him on Twitter.
stay in the loop