How many search engines can I track with Advanced Web Ranking?
There are no limitations for the number of search engines you can track with Advanced Web Ranking. Likewise, you can add an unlimited number websites and keywords to your AWR projects and track your performance.
How to edit the search engines assigned to a project
How to add a new search engine to my project
If you wish to add more search engines to your project and start tracking your rankings for them, you need to go to the Settings -> Search Engines menu and press the Add button from the top of the screen.
You will get five options to choose from:
- Add Search Engine - choose the desired search engine from the entire list of search engines available in AWR
- Add Search Engine List - choose from the lists of search engines you have previously created in AWR
- Add Local/Maps Search Engine - choose from the Local/Maps search engines available for your desired location
- Add Google Preview Search Engine - choose the desired Google Preview search engine available for the location you set
- Add Google Location Search Engine - choose from the Google Location search engines available for the location you will define
How to remove a search engine from my project
If you wish to no longer track your rankings on a certain search engine, you can simply remove it from your project. To achieve that, go to the Settings -> Search Engines menu and press the Remove button from the top of the screen.
By doing so,you will enable a mode which allows you to select and delete search engines from your project. Use the left side check boxes to mark the search engines that you wish to exclude from your project and click on the red Confirm removal button.
If you just changed your mind about removing any of the search engines from your project, use the green Cancel button enabled just for situations like this.
The search engine I need is not available in Advanced Web Ranking. What can I do?
If you could not find the search engine you need on the list of over 2500 search engines available in AWR, you can simply request for it to be added and we'll do our best to make it available as soon as possible.
From the Settings -> Search Engines menu, press the Add button, select the first option "Add Search Engine" and you should notice at the bottom of the drop down, the "Request Search Engine" option. In the dialog that appears, enter the name of the search engine you wish to request and click Ok for the request to be submitted to us.
How to create a search engine list in Advanced Web Ranking
In Advanced Web Ranking you can group your search engines and create quickly accessible lists. For that, you need to go to the Settings -> Search Engines menu, press the Add button and choose Add Search Engine List from the drop down menu.
At the top-right corner of the drop-down that opens you should find the New button that enables you to create a new list of search engines.
How to add a search engine list to a project
If you wish to add to your project a list of search engines that you have previously created or one of the predefined lists, you need to go to the Settings -> Search Engines menu, press the Add button and choose Add Search Engine List from the drop down menu.
Simply click the lists you wish to add to the current project to enable their selection and click the OK button at the bottom to complete the process.
How to change the delay between queries individually for each search engine
If you wish to individually set the delay between search queries for your project search engines, you need to go to Settings -> Search Engines menu and choose "Properties" from the mouse right-click menu associated with the search engine you wish to edit the delays for.
From the dialog that appears, you need to enable the Override general performance settings option in order to be able to edit the delays.
How to set the number of results per page for each search engine
If you wish to set the number of results per page for your project search engines, you need to go to Settings -> Search Engines menu and choose "Properties" from the mouse right-click menu associated with the search engine you wish to edit.
In the dialog that appears, you have two options:
- To perpetuate the change across the application, to all your projects that have/will have assigned this search engine (global)
- The change will apply only to the current project (project)
What's the difference between Google Germany and Google Germany (Germany) search engines?
Major search engines have regional counterparts. Generally, there are three options:
- regular web search
- search only in pages written in that engine's local language
- search only in pages physically located in the engine's covered area (country)
For each regional search engine with the options above, three entries will appear in the list, so you can have the ability to query the same search engine with different search. For example:
- Google Germany. This makes a regular web search in Google Germany (google.de)
- Google Germany (German). This searches only in pages written in German
- Google Germany (Germany). This searches only in pages located in Germany