AWR Cloud ranking views
AWR Cloud allows you to check your projects' ranking progress using more than just a simple overview. You have 8 different Ranking sections to choose from, each allowing to structure your analysis on multiple in-depth aspects: for your main website, as well as for your competitors.
- Overview - this is the project ranking activity Dashboard, which summarizes and represents how keywords are distributed during the updates - on first place, in Top 10, in Top 50, the ones which Moved up or Down etc.
- Search Engine Comparison - focuses on creating a quick summary of your website keyword rankings on multiple markets. This view is useful when targeting more than one SE or when your business is local - you can easily see how all locations perform in a glance.
- Website Comparison - side by side rankings for your project main website, next to your competitors, for one search engine at a time.
- Visibility - One of AWR Cloud's trademarks is the Visibility score and percentage - make full use of these and check aggregated data for your main website, next to each of the competitors.
- Website Ranking - in depth analysis for each keyword - search engine combination. You can easily see a drill-down of how all project websites ranked over a selected range for a certain keyword.
- Keyword Ranking - most popular view displaying keyword positions alongside with Analytics, AdWords and Webmaster Tools data, for the search engine and website you select in the top menu.
- Keyword Groups - visibility progress over time, for each of the groups added to your project. If no keyword groups are defined for the project selected, the section will not display any data.
- Click Share - estimated percentage of clicks and potential number of visits that you and your competitors may get from organic search.
How can I see which URLs are ranking for each of my keywords?
While in the Rankings -> Keyword Ranking view, there are 3 available options to display the list of URLs found ranking:
- Default - showing the ranking URLs when clicking on the small arrow next to each keyword.
- Best position - the URL found ranking on highest position (no keyword click action required)
- All URLs - all URLs. If you have 2 or more URLs which are ranking for the same keyword, the application will display all of them.
To include the URLs in printable reports, while in the Reports menu -> Master reports, select one report from the list of available ones, or create a new one from scratch, then click on the Keyword Ranking or Website Ranking section title to expand it. Using the Advanced Options button, check the Ranking URLs from the "Columns" section.
The ranking URLs can be also included in Keyword Ranking quick reports, by enabling the specific option “Display URLs” from the new quick report wizard.
Filters and sorting options in the Ranking views
Each Ranking section in AWR Cloud allows you to choose various filters and sorting options, to refine the results from display, according to your own needs.
You can filter or sort data in UI at three different levels:
- Single date/Multiple dates - this option is available only for Website Ranking and Keyword Ranking sections and allows you to choose whether to compare side by side 2 project update dates or multiple ones. When 'multiple dates' option is selected, the application will display the keyword's best position for each date.
- Keyword/search engine/website - Each Ranking view allows you to define different filters to compare and combine the inputs as you like. To easily spot your website success or which keywords are bringing traffic to your website, you can also filter them by group or by result type (Top 3, Ranked, Not ranked).
- Keyword level - Depending on how you'd like to see your keywords, sort them alphabetically or by keyword rank (the order the keywords were entered to the project).
All filters will be enabled in realtime. The “Reset filters” button brings all items to the default mode.
Increase the number of results to be retrieved from the search engines
AWR Cloud allows you to choose between a search depth of 5 or 10 pages (first 50 or 100 results from SERP).
To change the page depth, go to the Settings -> project name Settings menu -> Update section and select the number of pages you need to track.
This change will be reflected in the keyword units consumed from your monthly quota. Switching to a search depth of 10 pages will double the units consumed on an update.
Same keyword, multiple rankings. How does AWR Cloud handle this situation?
If within the same SERP (one keyword and search engine), one website is found ranking with different URLs, AWR will consider and display all of them with the position they were found on.
When your website is found ranking within the same SERP with the same URL, AWR Cloud will only display the highest ranking, not both.
For example, if your website ranks on the first position, as an organic result, but it is also listed within the Places entries on the same page, the organic result is higher than the Places entry.
This will be considered the best position and displayed accordingly in your charts and reports. If the organic entry in the SERP is listed below the Maps listings, then the AWR Cloud will display the Maps result as best position of your website.
Customize the Keyword Ranking UI columns
While in the Rankings -> Keyword Ranking view, you'll have the Choose columns button, which allows you to insert or remove the information displayed the table below the chart. .
You can enter the following columns to be displayed next to your keyword rankings:
- Position & Change
- Best Historical Position - highest position that keyword was found ranking on, for the selected search engine, since the first time it was updated and until present
- Page - number of SERP the keyword was found ranking on
- Competition, CPC and Searches - metrics retrieved from Google AdWords' Keyword Planner Tool (are added by default, without the need of a third party account sync)
- Impressions, Clicks, CTR, Avg. Position - metrics gathered from Google Webmaster Tools (requires an active GWT sync)
- Organic Visits - metric retrieved from Google Analytics (requires an active GA sync)
What do each of the change icons represent in the Ranking views?
Compared to the previous update ranking position, we have multiple change symbols, which have the following meanings:
- "x" - dropped from X means that the website ranked on position X on a previous update and currently it no longer ranks for that keyword (at least in the first 50 or 100 results the application retrieves);
We also use this representation in the Clicks data column retrieved from Google Webmaster Tools, next to a number (e.g. x5). This means your website received the number of clicks specified next to the “x” sign (e.g. 5) in the previous date range selected and for the current date range there are no clicks on your website.
- "moved up" and "moved down" (up and down arrows) - position change indicatives;
- "+" - added or "new entry" The website didn't rank on a previous update (at least in the first 50 or 100 results the application retrieves) and currently it ranks for that keyword.on position X;
- "-" - the website is either not ranked for that given keyword, or that its position didn't change compared to a previous update date.