Add new keywords to an existing project
When creating a new project in AWR Cloud, the wizard requires entering the keywords you would further need to see search engine positions for.
- Go to settings -> project name settings -> Keywords menu
- Click on Add keywords button in the top right corner of the screen
- Enter the keywords you want to track, either manually, by typing one keyword per row, or by copy-pasting them from a file
- Click the Add button to complete the process.
For a better keyword management and a clear filtering of the search results in the ranking views, you can mark your keywords as branded / non-branded or you can assign them to keywords groups.
The list of keywords will be immediately added to your project, and the rankings will be gathered the next time your project is updated.
Remove keywords from one project
If you no longer need to update some of the keywords added to a project, you can easily remove them at any time.
To do this follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings -> project name settings -> Keywords menu
- Select the keywords you wish to remove
- Using the Manage Keywords button, choose Delete selected and confirm removal.
This action cannot be undone. When a keyword is removed, all the he ranking data associated will be also deleted from your project. Adding the same keyword back will not restore the rankings previously gathered.
Add keywords to a new group
There are 2 ways to do this:
Straight from the New keywords wizard that you can access from Settings -> project name settings -> Keywords -> Add keywords.
After adding the list of terms and phrases to be tracked, the wizard will allow you to assign them to a new or existing group. All there's left to do is click Add to finish the process.
- assign to an existing keyword group
- assign to a new group
- add or remove them the “Branded” / Non-branded tag
Delete or edit keyword groups
To manage keyword groups go to Settings -> project name settings -> Keywords menu, and click on the All keywords button from the top menu.
The drop-down will display all the keyword groups created and, using the Tag editor button, you can easily rename or remove any of the groups. Hit “Update group” to save the changes.
The delete action will not affect the keywords within that group.
Assign colors to your keywords
Navigate to Settings -> project name settings -> Keywords menu and select the keyword you wish to change the color for.
After that click on the Manage Keywords -> Change color button from the top menu, choose the new color from the palette, and hit Apply to save the changes.
For more step-by-step details on keyword management in AWR Cloud, have a look on our short video tutorial:
How many keywords can I track with AWR Cloud?
The number of keywords you can track depends on the monthly subscription you're using.
You can find out more about the keywords available for each subscription in our FAQ page.
Can I restore a deleted keyword?
No, once removed from your project a keyword cannot be restored. Also, all the historical ranking data associated is removed.
How can I get keyword suggestions?
To see keyword suggestions to be further tracked by AWR Cloud you can use the Google Webmaster Tools integration and access straight from AWR Cloud the Search Console keyword ideas.
Navigate to Google -> Keywords section of the project in question and, if you want to further track rankings for any of these keywords, you can simply add them to your project:
- select the keywords and click on the Add keyword button from the top of the list
- assign the keywords to a keyword group (not mandatory)
- press the Add button to confirm the change