The busy month of June brings the ability to see the future (aka Forecasting) in Advanced Web Ranking, as well as some pretty neat Market Share improvements, the option to filter by organic results, additional video monitoring options, redesigned PDF layouts, and more.
So let’s get right into it – use the sidebar on the right to jump to a particular update.
The newly added Forecasting module will help you to:
– predict traffic, conversions & revenue in the scenario where you’d achieve the desired rankings for your targeted keywords. This way, you’ll make an informed decision on which keywords to focus your SEO strategy, by comparing the required efforts against the potential results.
– set realistic objectives for your campaigns, ones that can actually be met since they’re backed by data.
– track the monthly progress of your objectives and compare it against the real achievements. This will allow you to immediately spot and adjust campaigns, so the SEO objectives are met.
– analyze year-over-year search trends.
– visualize inertial traffic, which refers to estimating how your clients will perform if no SEO efforts are invested. More details on how Forecasting works and how it can be used to achieve the SEO objectives set, can be found in our online documentation here.
Market Share Improvements
Here’s what this Market Share update brings new to the table:
– you’ll now be able to visualize dropped vs newly entered competitors in Top 20, by market share, when comparing 2 updates.
– the Total Searches column has been added, making it easier to spot competitors that are ranking for highly searched terms vs the ones that are ranking in top positions in SERPs.- the table got split by metrics into two different views: ‘Top Domains’ and ‘Target Keywords’.
SERP Features Filtering by Organic Results
After adding a new icon representing organic rankings in the ‘SERP Features’ column a few months ago, you can now filter by this result type. Just head over to any of the Ranking-Keywords, Ranking-My Sites, Ranking-Top Sites, Visibility-Websites, Visibility-Search Engines, or the Comparison views, apply a ‘SERP Features’ filter and select the ‘Organic’ option from the list.
Additional Video Monitoring Options
You can track your videos’ performance easier without needing to add an alias entry for each Youtube video URL. With the newly added option, all you need to do is add a single alias (‘Channel name’ or ‘Channel URL’) as follows:
– Channel name as an alias when using Google Universal search engines.
– Channel URL as an alias when tracking Youtube search engines in your AWR project.
On the other hand, the current system remains unchanged, as the video URLs are reported as they were and you can still add a specific video URL for monitoring if you wish to.
Notes are now available in the Trends-Summary report, too, with their tooltip showing the current date and previous reference date.
PDF Reports Layout Redesign
The PDF reports’ layout has just been revamped, with the new header having the same UI color theme and displaying the logo.
Snippet API Export Column
The names of the Organic SERP Features (such as Indented Results, Reviews, Image Thumbnails, etc.) are now included in the dedicated Snippet column in the export files generated using the export ranking or the export top sites API calls.
A Free Chrome Extension
We’ve released a chrome extension that allows you to search in Google from any location in the world. It’s called AWR Search Anywhere.
New Result Types in the Free SERP Tool
The free SERP features tool got upgraded with new result types for a broader understanding of the SERPs’ anatomy. Reviews, FAQs, How-Tos, Indented URLs, and Image Thumbnails result types are now available for both desktop and mobile analysis, while on mobile there are two more listings available: AMPs and Q&As.
And that’s pretty much it for June! 🙂
Want to be up-to-date with all the new features and improvements that we add? Make sure to follow our changelog.
And of course, please reach out if you have any feedback on this. We’d love to hear your thoughts!