Note: This article contains references to Advanced Web Ranking Desktop, a version that is no longer under active development.
The search engine industry is constantly changing and evolving, search engines are committed to offer a better service and this is why their algorithms continue to improve.
Recently Google has launched a preview of the “next-generation architecture for Google’s web search“. Called Caffeine, this new infrastructure features increased indexing speed, accuracy, comprehensiveness and faster results display.
Here at Advanced Web Ranking we have our fingers on the pulse of the search engine industry and we change the way Advanced Web Ranking displays results as search engines do. This is why we have already integrated Google Caffeine in Advanced Web Ranking.
With the addition of the new Google Caffeine search engine, Advanced Web Ranking allows you to make a side by side comparison so you can see how your website rankings may be affected by the new algorithm. To help you compare your website rankings from Google with the rankings from Google Caffeine we have created a quick step-by-step tutorial.
Let’s use for this comparison the Overview report, because it aggregates all the available information gathered from search engines into one report. Just follow the steps below to see the comparison:
- First make sure you have the latest search engine update. To check this, simply go to the [Help] menu and select [About]. Google Caffeine is available since the 545 search engine definition.
- Then add Google Caffeine to the project where you want to compare the results and update it to see the latest ranking results.
- Within the Overview report, select the “Websites” option from the left panel.
- Select the [Order by Search Engines] options from the top panel.
- You have on the first column your keywords and on the following columns the search engines available in your project.
- Finally start you website ranking analysis by comparing side by side the website rankings gathered from Google with the ones gathered from Google Caffeine.
Note: The Google Caffeine update is available as long as you have a valid Maintenance Plan. If your Maintenance Plan is expired, you may need to renew it in order to have the latest search engine update.