Note: This article contains references to Advanced Web Ranking Desktop, a version that is no longer under active development.
Work would be wasted if you wouldn’t be able to synthesize it and put it all on one piece of paper. You wouldn’t be able to show it to someone else or have it available days, moths or years later.
But, thank God, you can build reports!
These reports generated by computer software can be usually exported to different kinds of file formats (and Advanced Web Ranking makes no exception, as it supports exporting to HTML, PDF, Excel, CSV, Text and XML file formats), you can print these files on paper or you can sent them by email to whoever you need to.
This would be just great if only these reports would always be the exact result of your hard work. But they don’t. There are too many times when you gather so much data and you work hard on it but you don’t have “That” magic report you need to send to your clients. All of the available reports are not compelling enough or just don’t have all the info you need for your clients. It’s frustrating because you can loose your clients for this.
If you do have these frustrations it means that you have not yet found these things about Advanced Web Ranking.
You must speak up!
In Advanced Web Ranking you can build reports just the way you want them. And I don’t mean by that adding a nice header or a custom signature. I mean really choosing the data you want to be on your reports. You can sort your data, add custom filters or more data columns. And when you are done, all you have to do is bookmark your work so you can access it at all times.
Let’s pretend that you would want a report with what has changed in rankings in the last period of time. Just the news, not the entire list of rankings. You should have that!
Or perhaps you would want a report with the keywords for which your rankings have dropped dramatically (let’s say more than 5 positions). You should have that too!
But you can have it! In Advanced Web Ranking you are able to do all that and even more. You can literally build your reports!
- The template for new reports is available from the Edit Reports menu -> New Report.
- There are several generic types of reports you can create and you must choose one: rank reports by keywords, by websites, by search engines, overview rank reports, visibility reports and so on.
- Set the period of time for which you wish to generate the report (specific dates or since your last ranking update) and choose exactly what keywords, websites and search engines you want to include in your report, each from their list.
- You are able to select the data columns you want for your report: just uncheck the Show all columns check box and then select the columns yourself using the Setup button.
- And of course you can apply filters to your data. You may choose one of the default filters (only those who have rank, those who moved up or down, those who are in the first x rankings or gained more than 5 positions up, and so on) or, if you can’t find any of them that fits your needs, you can simply define a new custom filter (I will do a more in depth explaining of how to create custom filters in a future article).
- And finally, there is a Preview button you can use to see your report before you finish the wizard. It’s very useful. Use it! If you still wish to make changes, go back. If you like it, then… you are done!
Enjoy playing with your data and do, please come back and share with us your experiences with Advanced Web Ranking custom reports. Thanks!
Photo credit: Alexandre Duret-Lutz